Thursday, June 21, 2007

Week in Review

My sister Caryl came in on Tuesday evening and left this morning, with me, at about twenty after five. She has a gig at her school tomorrow and ride logisitics dictated that she leave earlier than she'd planned. She still would have gone home today, but not until the late afternoon or evening, while I was at work. This way I got to hug her good-bye when we parted ways at the corner of St. Paul and Preston (she to the train station, I to the light rail).

She went into work with me for a couple of hours on Wednesday then left to hook up with some friends she met through the job she had in the summers of '05 and '06. Last night, after her class, Catchka graced us with her presence. I love seeing people in the middle of the week.

The workouts have been consistently good and I've kept to my plan to abstain from even small food indulgences this week (wars are won and lost in the tiniest moments/over the most seemingly insignifcant decisions) and I feel that it has made a real difference. I'm up to 45 minutes (including cool down) on the elliptical and spin continues to be rewarding. This morning we did 10 minutes completely out of the saddle, 10 minutes of jumps, and 10 minutes of concentrated saddle work. The intensity was perfect. I need to keep reaching new heights and pushing myself beyond what's comfortable.

In other news, a new project is starting at work, and at the same time some other things with which I've been helping are wrapping up--not to be overly melancholy--but the cyclical nature of all this is making me feel, well, sad and philosophical.

Speaking of work, I'll be on travel in the middle of next week. I'm grateful that there'll be something different to break up the monotony of my days. I'm hoping July is a dream. Since I won't be back in town until Thursday night, I'm going to spin on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings next week (it's just an overnight jaunt). Maybe the hotel will have an exercise facility so I don't have to skip the workout completely on Thursday morning. If not, it's okay. I'll just make that day an off day and pick up on Friday.

No comments: