Monday, March 27, 2006

The Week at a Glance

So I began as I always do:

red mug of black coffee; blue bowl of French Vanilla oatmeal; two sausage links.
Checking e-mail with one hand--Devika and I won't meet this week because her dissertation has to be turned around to her advisor; a classmate sent everyone a New York Times article on Proust--a phone call!

I'm thumbing through The Baltimore Review. I'm using it for my journal presentation in Class this week. I'm going to present a couple of poems that I think are crap to prove how arbitrary the publication of poetry can be.

On the way to work I popped in Mos Def's first, full-length album "Black on Both Sides." Now that I'm parked in my cubicle, it's Kanye's "Late Registration." The coffee is still hot. And black. The mug is still red.

Today after work I sign the lease. I am thisclose to something new.

My goals to complete by Friday:

Apply for at least one new job

Rip about 30 more CDs to iTunes

Finish outline for my next article

No comments: