Thursday, March 09, 2006

"I assume you're referring to women's troubles..."
--Mr. Hall in "Clueless"

This is not a post in which I, your faithful Kate Krupnik, will give too much information. Not my style. Suffice it to say, there are times when my emotions get the better of me and I do things like cry during poignant scenes of a syndicated "Judging Amy" episode; become irrationally, principally angry at a person I don't know for something like the inherent hypocrisy of not posting a photo on a Web site and then hitting on me because he likes my photo (that is hypocritical, but my response is probably inordinant); essentially, the bear in my heart wakes up from its nap, and well... let's just say I'm not fit for company.

Now then, moving on from that.

For a number of practical reasons I'm not DC bound today, and that just feels weird. But I know I'm going to get a lot of work done, both personal and business-related. I have so much reading to do for my non poetry workshop class, and a paper to write, and so much packing. Hopefully next Thursday the weather will be as lovely as it is today so Devika and I can meet for Ethiopian food under ideal conditions. Neither of us likes the cold.

Listening to Ella Fitzgerald is good for me. It's hard to be an irritable bee-yatch with that buttercream pearl voice swirling around you.

No comments: