Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I gotta tell ya, I'm a real winner sometimes, people. I took the trouble to buy some chicken cutlets, green onions, and portabella mushrooms to make for dinner last night (with Inca red quinoa, and spinach, maybe) but forgot to take the items home! I left them here at work in the fridge, where I know they'll be fine...but yesterday a coworker offered me a ride home, which is arguably so much better when one has groceries to transport.

Now today I have the added complication of having to go to the bank on my lunchbreak to get some money out to then take to the leasing agent. It's a bit of a headache because my debit card has a limit on how much money I can take out within a 24-hour period (and I am grateful for the cap; I get that it protects me, ultimately), and I need more than I can withdraw via ATM... so, anyway, I am sure that this will involve at least one cab ride. But if I can get this all dealt with midday, then I can just go straight home from work, with my chicken that I won't have time to cook because it's a class night...

This is what being occasionally forgetful can do! Totally derail the best laid plans.

But... this is the time for perspective and rallying.

1. I had and have the money to buy food.
2. I have a job at which to forget said food.
3. I have this "headache" of having to go to the bank because I got the apartment!
4. As one who almost never takes a full-on lunch break, I am entitled to a slightly longer lunch to run an errand.
5. After this is taken care of, I can move on to other things!

No comments: