Friday, March 03, 2006

Two more people have left the building

I returned to work this morning to find out that a coworker got the ax yesterday. This person was not on my team, or technically in my department, but he worked closely with us on many projects--including a very recent one. I can't imagine what happened, but his dismissal has caused a good friend of his, a one Mr. Arthouse Cinema, to decide to jump ship as well. Arthouse is not a vested (read: permanent) employee and has never wanted to be, so he's cutting his losses. He was just telling me a week or so ago that he saw his time here coming to an end. When they sacked his friend, he decided that now is as good a time as any, I guess. I just got back from his good-bye sushi lunch. No one in authority yet knows that he won't be back. He's going to lower the boom at the end of the day.

We are supposed to have a celebratory happy hour this evening for having completed our last big project, courtesy of the upper eschelon, but I hadn't been feeling it. I came in this morning already having decided that I was not going to attend. I think this clenched it.

No comments: