Sunday, March 26, 2006

Prepared

This is the second Sunday in a row that I've taken advantage of my free time to cook meals, in whole or in part, for the week, and I'm not sure why I've never done it before.

I have two lovely pieces of beef in the oven browning in olive oil and balsamic vinegar; I'm roasting carrots, too; Texmati rice and Inca Red quinoa are on the stove top; spinach and portabella mushrooms are already in a container in the frige. I took care to brown up some chicken breakfast sausage links, and I used the avocado that was in the perfect stage of ripeness to make guacamole. While I was at it I whipped up enough tropical smoothie from a frozen fruit melange to have first thing in the morning (I wake up ravenous, but don't eat my oatmeal and sausage till I get to the office). I still have another portion and a half of the linguini, and I am committed to eating it all tonight. But truth be told, I'm not very hungry. The guac was very satisfying (it was my late afternoon snack). I'm in the mood for a mango and not much else.

Sarah and I packed up my floor to ceiling china cabinet (built into the wall in my kitchen) this weekend, so much progress has been made. In the midst of my food prep extravaganza, I'm also ripping as my many CDs to iTunes as possible so that those can be packed up next weekend, with a few exceptions, perhaps. It's also my goal to pack up glasses, mugs, bowls, plates, and all other pots and pans next weekend. At that point, I'll be transitioning to a lot of prepared foods and paper plates and plastic ware. The kitchen, for all intents and purposes, will be closed till I get to the other side.

Tomorrow after work I sign the lease!

No comments: