Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I looked up Cro-Magnon on Wikipedia this morning because I kept wanting to use it as an adjective, or really, rather more as a simile to describe editorboy's walk. I wanted to type "Editorboy walks like a Cro-Magnon man," but I realized I didn't know if that was actually accurate.

As it turns out, the Cro-Magnon species of the upper Paleolithic period, was a rather graceful iteration of Homo Sapien. Many people, according to Wikipedia, are thinking of the Neanderthal when they say Cro-Magnon.

In any case, I am not stating, by any means of twisted logic that eb is neanderthalesque. But his gait is odd and somewhat primitive-looking. He's not a big man at all, but there's a solidity and compactness to his build (much like the Neanderthal) that calls to mind very early man.

Wow. It really does seem like I'm insulting this guy. I assure you I am not.

No comments: