Friday, March 24, 2006

I am so glad that I made the decision to go down to dc even though I didn't have class last night. I have been wanting to have an uninterrupted visit with Devika for several weeks now. We began at the National Geographic Society where we saw the Archipelagos (think sea-life portraiture) and Geisha/Kimono Exhibits. It was fun to walk through the Archipelagos exhibit especially, because we each gave our impressions of what each animal or species was "thinking" or how they came across in the photographs. There was one fish that D said looked like an old man and another, beside that one, that looked more like "playa," and still another that called a drag queen to mind.

Once back at her place she poured me a glass of the most delicious red wine and we chatted while she chopped up garlic and seared spicy Italian sausage for our pasta. Broccolini completed this delicious, rustic meal. Turkish coffee and chocolate croissants were the perfect dessert.

What I love most about our conversations is that there are no gaps! The conversation is so free-flowing and kind of rapid-fire.

I was back home by 9:45. The train ride back was uneventful (which is what one would hope). Now I'm at the office and things have been busy, busy, busy this morning. I'm on day 3 (or is it 4?) of the whole wheat linguini leftovers. It's still good, and I'm proud of myself for making one meal last for the whole of a work week, but it's getting tiresome. I think there's one more helping's worth. I'll have it for dinner before going out to see Sarah's coworker's band perform at Dangerously Delicious Pies.

No comments: