Saturday, March 04, 2006

I did skip the happy hour yesterday. As it turns out, the coworker who was fired was let go on reasonable grounds--not based on his performance, but based on certain improprieties. Arthouse Cinema wanted to leave anyway, so his decision to make yesterday his last wasn't impacted at all by that news.

As for me, I had groceries I wanted to deal with, boxes to bring up from my storage unit, and I was really in the mood to go out to dinner with Sarah--and the overall mood of my company is still what it is, so I couldn't muster up the good spirits to join them for drinks.

I'm pretty proud of all I was able to do last night in a relatively short period of time. I brought up the old computer I want to give to charity (some files have to be removed from it beforehand), all of the kitchen appliance boxes I saved, and other boxes that can be put to general use. My apartment, at this point, is ready to be broken down.

Preparing for a move, as I've discussed before, is actually a lot of fun for me. And I like unpacking, too, and so do it fairly quickly. The unsettling part is that time of limbo before you've made the attachment to the new space and figured out how things need to be in that new space.
After two years my current living space has definitely taken on a shape, and my things have a personality in this apartment that will change when they are housed elsewhere. I always find that some of my stuff looks foreign to me when I first unpack it. And I feel foreign, too.

Well enough of such maudlin preoccupations. I have to rise up and meet the day.

No comments: