Monday, January 24, 2005

Toast and Jam

Among the cds that arrived on Friday in the mail, is Joss Stone's newest effort, Mind Body & Soul, and it is this album that I've chosen as the inaugural selection of the work week. I'm toasting two slices of potato bread--and I've taken care to bring in butter and jam from home. I'm out of oatmeal packets for the time being, so I've had to go for a slightly more involved meal. I know what you're thinking... Toast? Involved? Trust me. When you have to bring the components from home, toast is suddenly a pain....

In any case, I am in a good mood. My morning routine went amazingly well, in spite of my hitting the snooze alarm (I usually don't) once, I still had the better part of an hour to shower, dress, style my hair, gather up the things I'd need for the day, get my lunch from the fridge, enjoy a cup of coffee at home, while watching the morning news... and then, get this. I even had time to pray before Michael called to say he was nearly in front of my building.

I had not been outside since he drove me home from Sarah's place on Saturday morning, so I didn't know what to expect when it came to sidewalks, snow mounds, ice patches, etc. Well, I'm relieved to say that this was apparently a pretty manageable weather "disturbance" if the clean up effort is anything to go by. Navigating the little snow banks was easy enough... and what is even better.. We are expecting no more of the white stuff for the foreseeable future.

No comments: