Saturday, January 08, 2005

Black bean Kielbasa and Johnny Cake

I had a quiet Friday night with a hearty wintry meal, Anna Karenina, and subpar television viewing options (I watch tv while I read, always have).

My mother's last living sibling passed yesterday morning--he'd not been breathing without the aid of life support for the better part of two weeks, and the decision was made to let him go gently into that good night. He was more than 20 years my mother's senior, so he was actually an elderly gentleman. The funeral will likely be Tuesday or Wednesday.

I did receive (at my request) an updated grade report from the university; I got an A (previously it read "M") in 20th Century World Lit--no +, no -, just an A, which was a satisfying conclusion to the whole situation. Personally I think the +/- system was created for purely petty reasons, but in the spirit of my organic resolutions, I'll not be dwelling on that...

Sarah's last present from amazon.com finally arrived. To be clear, this is January 8th, and I ordered on December 15th. Thankfully, I am being reimbursed for shipping from the aforementioned company. It was only fair given the extended delays.Most entitites are willing to work with you, the truth of which gives me a warm feeling, similar to the one I experience when drinking hot chocolate with whipped cream. I am reaching the point where even minimal demonstrations of reason make me insanely happy.

Watch out. I might become one of those easily contented types. Here's hoping...

No comments: