Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Flicker Flicker

I heard recently that the "Crazy Lady with Cats" has been replaced by the "Crazy Lady with Candles" phenom. That this woman is single is understood. I found that funny because I had been congratulating myself on not having the two requisite cats that a "certain type" of unattached woman procures,sometime in her 30s, usually. I know that it may be ridiculous, but I haven't felt the same about striking up the match and lighting the tea lights of late.

I decided not to dismantle the Christmas tree last night. I'll let myself enjoy it for another evening or two--then again, I may take it down tonight. It never feels like the new year is having a fair shake till all the vestiges of the nativity celebration are put away.

Things are okay, for the most part. At work we are at the genesis of a new project that we don't even remotely have arms around--I think the next couple of months will be intense.

I am loving the weather! A balmy 60 degrees, too warm for my thinnest jacket, even.

No comments: