Friday, January 07, 2005

Exit Christmas Tree Stage Left

I made quick and efficient work of dismantling the Beast of Yuletide Glee, also known as "Nick Lachey" (because Sarah thought that would be a good name for the tree this year) that lived in my livingroom since the day before Thanksgiving. From ornament removal to boxing up the pvc branches, it was about an hour and twenty minutes of work.

Having my apartment back improved my mood considerably. Perhaps it was the feeling of accomplishment, maybe it was that I no longer felt mocked by Christmastime expectations. In any case, it is now really 2005 in the Krupnik household and I will be rocking the midpoint of the '00s in high style.

I finished watching "Garden State" while I broke it down, and then after I put things back to rights, I watched "Sex in the City" part I, disc 3. I meant to read some of Anna K. last night, because given where I left off, the action is definitely rising. To use a phrase from the common hip hop vernacular... this book is "Off The Chain!" I'm sure Tolstoy is somewhere rolling his eyes.

No comments: