Monday, January 10, 2005

I rearranged my bedroom, slightly, on Saturday. I did so to increase floor space. So far I'm liking it. Have decided that 2005 is the year that I will finally focus on bringing some kind of cohesive "look" to my sleeping space. I need to get a couple of prints and posters framed... maybe I'll paint. I always say that, and never do it, but since I have decided that I am not upgrading to a bigger apartment, I am going to focus on making the one I have even homier.

I rode in to work with my manager today--she doesn't live far from me, and for various and sundry reasons, it was more convenient than the bus--though I did come in significantly later than usual. "Man without a Face" was on one of the numerous HBO channels, so I watched it, a bit absently, while sipping chai this a.m.

My uncle's funeral is tomorrow, so I'm going to my mom's house tonight. I am excited to take a book I bought for my poetry workshop class last semester to my sister, who needs it for her poetry workshop this coming semester... with Lucille Clifton. It means so much to me that she will get the opportunity to benefit from studying with LC. It meant the world to me when I got that chance.

Am listening to a few songs from Boys II Men's "Legacy" album over and over again. I wouldn't say that I was a fan of the entire catalogue of their work, but there are a couple of songs--the ones that were newer, that really got me. Okay, off to a meeting now...

No comments: