Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Mary Poppins

That's who I feel like carrying my new fabric bag with everything, including a heating pad, two different kinds of headache medicine, February's O Magazine, and other various and sundries. I'm now carpooling with Michael,and today he picked me up at 6:30 (most days it will be an hour later than that)because he needs to leave the office at 4 (fine with me)--so I am here insanely early (the better to blog in peace).

Would you believe that I bought another handbag yesterday? Okay, but there is a really good reason for it... Sarah and I went to exchange the Senseo machine I bought her in error and while at Hecht's I saw the $67.00 dollar bag I'd been wanting on sale for $29.99 (major storewide 50% off sale). So yes, I bought it. Clearly 2005 is the Year of the Handbag as well. I now have three new purses in the space of 2 days--I might buy two purses in a given year under normal circumstances--all generic (brown or black) and practical. All my new handbags are somewhat specialized, and two of them need a corresponding colour outfit. It's a new day.

Well, if you'll excuse me. I'm trying to press this heating pad to my tempramental neck...

No comments: