Sunday, January 16, 2005

Antiquing

As is more and more common for me these days, I spent the afternoon in Hampden with a friend (and in this case, also a former coworker). Needless to say, we did Cafe Hon for lunch. Somewhere throughtout the course of the afternoon I got obsessed with finding a watering can. Don't ask me why. I wasn't successful in that vein, but I did find two great calendars (50% off since it's after the new year)--a wall one for Sarah, and a Bad Girls Franchise appointment book for me. I also got two amazing handbags that were on sale. One is an amazing magenta silk number, the other a very sizeable, sturdy cordury job. It's a great everyday bag for the winter months. Devika, I would love to do the Hampden strip with you someday!

I must have slept weird, because I awoke with one of my infamous tension headaches. It worsened as Paula and I shopped, but didn't really stop me from enjoying my afternoon. Now that I'm back at the homestead, I'm pushing the water--that seems to help the most.

Have been watching Jarmusch's "Down by Law" since this morning, but interrupted my viewing to chat with Victoria. We'd been playing phone tag all week, and talking to her today was a priority. Started watching again this afternoon as I transferred the contents of my purse to the new winter bag, but could not focus due to headache. I hope I get it under control by the time I hook up with Sarah this evening. Can't wait to give her the calendar!

No comments: