Wednesday, July 14, 2004

No sooner than I wrote the words "I haven't heard from Gordon since last Friday..." he called me at work. He said "I was just driving by your job and thought I'd call you." We talked about nothing in particular for about 10 minutes, during the course of which we also confirmed our dinner plans. I asked him to pick me up from work on Friday so we could eat some place closer to my office. It is his job to pick a place. I'm interested to find out which restaurant he chooses.

We touched briefly on the party I opted not to go to on Saturday. He expressed again that it was a shame I couldn't be there, and I agreed saying that I was "bummed" that I missed it.

Having had some time to think about it, I still think that I wasn't supposed to be at that party because I ended up having some amazing prayer time that night, but the reason I decided not to go was faulty. I am going to try my hardest not to let my insecurites keep me from enjoying my life. And I was rude about the woman to whom he gave a ride. I need to acknowledge that in print just as I maligned her in print. Here's the truth. Whatever her intentions or inclinations, she is a friend of his, and I need to respect her. My relationship with him will not be anything less than it is meant to be because of her or anyone else. Not even I can get in my own way if God is in this thing.

Working from home today has been productive. I feel that my editing is more focused in this space. I went to the dreaded One World for a Swiss chocolate coffee (medium, in case you were wondering)to go, and then came back to my apartment just as it started to rain in fat splats. In an instant mashed potatoes snafu, I ended up using all my half and half so I was forced to venture out for my daily dose. The Swiss chocolate was a great accompaniment to the maple and brown sugar pop tarts. I'll have to remember that combination.

No comments: