Thursday, July 15, 2004

Gonna Get Myself Connected

I financed a new computer last night. Between my imminent bonus and the cashed out stock from my former company, I should be able to reduce some debt and pay off the loan I got to make this mini miracle happen. It was killing me to have to be online for 40 minutes (in some cases) to send a few e-mails. Anything more involved than that? Forget about it! I opted to buy my printer at a later date. I'm thinking that I'll get one around the time of my mid-August paycheck. My new machine should be arriving next Friday!

The book club has not yet met for various and sundry reasons. Last week it was because two of the four of us, after uncharacteristically busy months, had not progressed with the book. Now, today, one of our members has been knocked out by an unbearable tooth/mouth ache. I'm now on the group's third book--roughly 2 months ahead of schedule. In some ways, I like having my evening free to work on my novel and to eat a leisurely dinner, etc.

No comments: