Saturday, July 03, 2004

Lamb and Rice

After checking in on Karen's cat last night, Sarah and I headed to the Glory Days Grill where we shared a buttery crab dip appetizer. My meal was a less than stellar plate of chicken tenders, but c'est la vie. Afterward we headed to the Barnes and Noble in Towson where I perused several books over a coffee, but purchased none.

I slept in this morning, and enjoyed a couple of pieces of oven toast and peppermint tea before heading to the supermarket to get a few necessities like olive oil and half and half.

Before I left my apartment on Wednesday evening, I set some lamb chops down in the fridge to thaw. Tonight for dinner, I made the last of my basmati rice tossed with scallions and onions and lamb chops pan sauteed in butter and the dijon, honey, balsamic, olive oil, and garlic marinade that I concocted. When the meat was ready, I set the chops on a plate and poured the pan drippings into the rice.

I'm excited about going to church tomorrow morning. I trust that the message, whatever it is, will be timely.

My sister, as it turns out, is not coming. I'll try to connect with her in a couple of weekends, maybe.

No comments: