Monday, July 05, 2004

I am so relieved to be going back to work tomorrow. I feel like a fish out of water, and need the structure of tasks and deadlines to give my days a shape.

I've had no agenda since Sarah and I parted ways on Friday night, social or otherwise, and I feel that I am on the verge of losing my sanity. Not only have I finished the first book the group will be discussing this coming saturday, but I have also finished the second book, not to be discussed for another month yet! Of the things I am hoping to get from my church experience, more opportunities for social outings is one of them. I'm sure school will help with that too. I need to be moderately busy or else I lose my focus. Aimlessness is bad for the soul. I updated my resume last night. It took all of five minutes, and then I was idle again.

I did end up seeing my sister for a couple of hours on Saturday night, which was nice, but I'm looking forward to her coming back in a couple of weeks. Artscape will be in full swing the weekend of the 16th and 17th, and I think she'll enjoy going to that.

Let me take a moment to be grateful. I've been kvetching incessantly lately. I am grateful for having engaging outings and plans for the rest of the weekends in July. I am grateful that I have a job which allows me the ability to live alone, pay bills, eat, and enjoy a level of comfort that so many don't have. I am grateful that I am starting grad school in the fall. I am grateful that I will be able to pay off some debts in a few weeks. I am grateful for my relationships with my sisters. I am grateful for the Monday night UPN network. I am grateful for bus fare and clean laundry. I am grateful that I live exactly where I want to live, and finally, I am grateful that God has given me a dream He intends to fulfill.

Have a wonderful night; I hope your tomorrow is even better.

No comments: