Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Laundry, usually my favourite chore, was made rather complicated last night by an inconsiderate soul. I live in a building that boasts one communal laundry room. Four washers and four dryers. In a building of about 30 to 40 apartments, that is reasonable, but not by any means a lot. I always try to monitor my washer and dryer cycles down to the minute so that others don't have to deal with my lag time, or worse, decide whether or not to remove my clothes so that the machine can be made available.

Some guy was using all four washers when I took down my stuff. They were all silent but full of men's clothing and underwear. I left my basket in the basement and went back upstairs to wait. I waited about 35 minutes before I ultimately removed clothes from two of the four machines. Of course, I had the same issue to confront when it came to the dryers.

Other than that, I had an inordinate amount of trouble with my internet connection, and feel again, the absolute need for a newer, faster computer. Small steps. Small steps.

Dinner, once I finally got it made, was very good. I used a K.C. Masterpiece Honey Terriyaki barbecue sauce, dijon mustard, honey, and brown sugar to baste some spare ribs. I sauteed fresh zucchini in olive oil and sprinkled with salt. It was a nice combination. I'm looking forward to leftovers.

A business-related e-mail to G yielded dinner plans for the 16th. He's still being proactive about getting on my calendar which is a welcome change from the old order of things.

No comments: