Friday, September 01, 2006

Working at Home

To accommodate the delivery of my new bed, I worked from home today. I mean I really worked. With only small breaks for food (and letting in the deliverymen), I cranked out everything I intended to in order to best position myself for next week's deadlines.

I started dinner at about 6:15--I made turkey meatballs baked in sweet basil tomato sauce (Classico) with parboiled, then roasted red potatoes, and spinach. It all turned out very well.

The next big thing is waking up tomorrow and getting some cleaning in before the couch arrives. This is the couch I got from my friend specifically to warm my office up some. I still have the same livingroom stuff, but I really wanted to round out my work/writing space. Next I need more lamps and a few area rugs.

These are my preoccupations a few days out from my 33rd. It feels good to be so centered, to know what I want, to be pleased with how things are turning out.

Tomorrow the dinner party, then Sunday I hang out with my sisters for part of the day, then with Sarah. And then Monday. The big day, which I hope to spend relaxing before meeting up with my mom for dinner.

Happy Holiday Weekend, everyone!

No comments: