Saturday, September 02, 2006

Rainy Saturday

It has been raining for more than 24 hours. The whole city is bathed in grey. I used to have an unhealthy preference for rain over sunshine. I can't explain it, but sunny days worried me. I saw them as a bad omen. Gloomy days were a talisman against disappointment. I guess it was some kind of ironic distancing mechanism or inverted expectations thing for me. In recent years, I have grown out of my melancholic disposition, but you know, I still love a good rainy day, under the right circumstances.

I wish that the fiends that I've enlisted to help me with the couch didn't have to deal with the rain in light of their errand, but that practical matter aside, I love being tucked up in my sweet, spacious apartment, listening to jazz, drinking coffee, and cleaning up in anticpation of my plans tonight.

More later...

No comments: