Thursday, September 07, 2006

I've started reading Thus Spake Zarathustra...

and i'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I mean, I'm only a page in, so reserving judgment is probably for the best. Now at least I know the context of that oft-referenced Nietzche quote "God is dead." I'm reading this work as part of my Independent Study--the goal of which is to contextualize and inform my own poetry.

Next Monday night is the first meeting of my Thesis class. I wonder what that will be like. I'm not sure what there is to discuss, since I'll be being advised apart from those meetings. Guess I'll find out.

All these heady concerns aside, can I tell you, I'm mostly preoccupied with getting the iPod. One half of my amazon shipment came today, so the little beauty can't be far behind...

No comments: