Sunday, September 10, 2006

Lighting

The buying frenzy continues. Ever go through a period during which you need several core items all at once and also happen to have the means to procure these things? That particular twain hardly ever meets in my life, but courtesy of another birthday gift card I was able to get two more lamps for my apartment today. My place, being significantly old (um, I meant "vintage") doesn't have much in the way of overhead lights--which is fine with me, but it does mean that I have to invest in other, ambient light sources. Fortunately, I caught some great clearance items. Exciting, I know.

Sarah and I attempted to have a "working coffee" this afternoon, but I was too hyped up on caffeine to really focus on Neitzsche--and kept distracting her from her reading with inane questions and "observations," so we cut it short and went out for a late lunch of crepes at Sofia's on Charles Street.

Now, being back in my nest, I'm rushing about doing laundry, getting in some much-needed e-mailing, setting up lamps, and obsessing about what I need to do at work tomorrow. That 4th cup of joe really sent me over the edge, I think.

At some point, if I ever calm down, I'll post something meaningful. These pedantic updates are getting tired, even for me...

No comments: