Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Nietzsche by Candlelight

I made an irrevocable date with Friedrich for this evening. I've taken a new tack. Because "Zarathustra" is broken, naturally, into self-sustained sections, I removed the pressure I put on myself to read the work sequentially. I gave myself permission to jump ahead and back to sections as my interest dictates, and I've read a good bit of it as a result.

After I lit some candles, made a little cocktail, and put the TV on, I settled into a nook in the couch and read for pages and pages. I need to have a lot going on at once or I'm easily distracted. I know that sounds weird, but if I try to read to the backdrop of perfect silence, it can be disastrous.

Still pondering sex, spiritually, philosophically, etc. The desire is connected to someone in particular--even though the overall change in my ability to "deal" is a factor, it's also charged by a specific connection I feel with this person. Funny, I ended up editing a health piece on STDs for work today. That sobered me right up... well, not totally, but I also find that my ability to be honest, in this space, has helped to diffuse things a bit. I appreciated, so much, hearing from those of you who commented.

On the horizon? A hair appointment for Saturday late morning... but before that... a visit with the illustrious Catchka!

No comments: