Sunday, September 17, 2006

The mangoes' cloying sweetness is permeating the apartment. No matter what, I need to cut into them today. John Coltrane's "A Love Supreme" suite is the backdrop to my morning coffee and oatmeal.

Sarah and I had a pretty fun time browsing shops on Thames street yesterday. We started out with no clear agenda for hanging out, but after tossing several ideas back and forth, ended up in Fells Point (an area one might do well to avoid on a balmy Saturday, as people are always out in droves). We went to the Natty Boh Gear store and got a couple of Boh stickers (not that either of us are big consumers of the Boh; it's a Baltimore thing) and into Su Casa, a hip, eclectic furniture and home goods store; Later we got ice cream at Maggie Moo's before heading over to Sound Garden where I scored Mos Def and Talib Kweli's "Blackstar" album. The clerk actually said that it gave him a warm feeling to know that I was purchasing the second greatest Hip Hop album of all time...

Today, after I return some books to the library and do some light marketing, I hunker down with Nietzsche and try to make sense of it all. Oh, and do something more than just stare at the collection of poems that make up my thesis. I have to turn in two copies of the first draft tomorrow.

No comments: