Tuesday, April 18, 2006

X Marks the Spot

In need of cleaning supplies, a shower curtain, and a phone, I went to the catchall paradise we all know as Target, or Tarjay, if you're feeling faux French. Who knew cleaners could add up to 86 dollars? okay, to be fair, I got these 2 khaki fabric shower curtain liners (to serve as the curtain; I couldn't find an actual shower curtain that I liked enough), which was 20 dollars (the rod is circular, so I need two to span the circumfrence), and 2 sets of rings. I lucked out with the phone. I got a really cheap one (5 dollars). As it turns out, I need a land line to buzz in guests, so I got the most basic no frills service imaginable. I'm still going to live as though my wireless is my only phone.

Feeling industrious, I've already started cleaning up here. I did the kitchen and bathroom tonight so that all I'll have to do on Sunday is sweep and maybe wipe down a few surfaces or something.

Tomorrow is my last day at work this week. On Thursday I'll lug all my cleaning supplies over to the new place and try to get that in reasonably good shape. I can't believe that by week's end I'll be sleeping in a new place! I'm actually not looking forward to it. The adjustment period is always a little unsettling for me.

No comments: