Saturday, April 29, 2006

Victoria and I met up at about 9:20 and headed over to GiGi for an uncomplicated but delicious breakfast. We came back to my place afterward and talked for a couple of hours. The more of my friends see the apartment the more real it is to me. Seeing it through her eyes, I was struck again by how tremendous it really is.

I managed to revise about 10 poems in a single stretch last night. There are two that I'm not sure how to approach. I'm not sure they are worth the effort. Either way, I need to figure this out because Sunday I have to start my paper. And that's that.

I just got back from a walk (another plus of moving back to Mt. Vernon is that it's a great walking neighborhood!)on which I ran into Editor Boy, who, as always, managed to work his gf into the conversation. It's somewhat comical to me that he always references her somehow. I don't think he's doing it in that way that men sometimes do when they're talking to a woman with whom they are attempting to establish a boundary. In his case it's a simple matter of the fact that he likes providing background information. For example, if you say to him "Editor Boy, I like that mug." He'll reply "Thank you. I got this in Montreal two weeks after I met my girlfriend."

On other fronts, I woke up feeling off. I think my little "thing" from a few weeks ago is working on a sequel. Not the same thing, exactly... in any event, I think I'm coming down with something. Drat!

No comments: