Monday, April 24, 2006

First Night

Even though I moved on Saturday, last night was my first night at the apartment. I was worried that I would have some trouble sleeping due to the period of adjustment that is often par for the course in a new place. But, some combination of being bone-tired and the fact that this building seems to have far fewer creaking and settling noises than my old apartment, I drifted off with ease.

I called the furniture store and have determined that I did, indeed, receive the wrong shelves. They'll bring the correct ones out in about a week. Another phone call to my former leasing office helped me to determine that there is no reason I should not get the full amount of my security deposit back (in about a month), so that's all a relief.

It's nice to be back in the office, it's even better that the day is nearly over.

No comments: