Sunday, April 23, 2006

Only Minor Glitches

After all is said and done, the move was a success. The movers moved verly slowly, by my estimation, at the loading site. They were being very careful with my things, which I appreciated, but I really needed them to stay within the 4-hour window (money concerns), so I asked them to step it up at the unloading site and to take less care if necessary. It was clear that I didn't mean for them to throw my things or drop them, but to just be less ginger. They got it done, only going over by about 15 minutes, which isn't too bad. All in all, the move still cost more than I was expecting, so Sarah graciously loaned me money to give to the Cable man when he showed up to hook up my Internet and digital cable connections.

Here's what's been done so far:

Living room set up
Books unpacked and placed on the book shelf
One painting hung in the entry way
Bed set up
Clothes hung up
Dining room table and chairs assembled

The biggest snafu to date:

Upon opening up the shelves for my new china cabinet, I discovered that the furniture store sent the wrong ones. I'll have to call them tomorrow morning to arrange to get the correct pieces. About 3 or 4 boxes can't be fully unpacked until that has been rectified.

My mom and Jim came over (and brought dinner with them) this afternoon. I am so glad that I've had guests already. Makes the place feel more lived in. Now I just need to find my DVD remote...

No comments: