Monday, April 17, 2006

I met C for coffee at my beloved One World (just 4 more days of being able to walk right up the block to get to it); she told me anecdotes about the crazy dates she's had lately. I ended up getting a splurge dessert (carrot cake) to go with my black java (I forgot to ask for decaf!).

Fortunately, I had started several loads of laundry (and even got the loads into the dryer) before I had to meet her, so I got the third and fourth rounds started when I got back. I have several thick blankets, bathroom and kitchen rugs, and dishtowels to wash and box up. I hate the thought of taking anything dirty to the new place. It's going to be unavoidable, but I'm doing what I can to have everything all lined up. what's bothersome now are the odds and ends that defy packing categorization. And what is worse, because I thought there would be enough tape, I packed some extra rolls I bought. Now I have no idea in what box they are stored. What I'm trying to avoid is having to take anything over in any separate carloads. I always see having to do that as a sign of poor planning.

No comments: