Sunday, March 13, 2005

The Show Must Go On...Act II

Because this week is my sister's spring break (it's mine too, but since I'm a working adult, it hardly matters), I am going to take off at least one day this week. Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, but first I need to consult with that elusive girl and pin her down. She's such a social butterfly.

The last couple of nights I have tossed and turned. My dreams have been fraught with leftover emotion for the man I must now forget to love. Even though I am taking on the challenge of moving on with things, I am still very much in a place of grieving the loss of the hope I had. I am proactively processing the implications of the way things are. I don't want to dwell. God knows dwelling is what set the stage for this 6-year internal war. I put up a good fight of faith. Whatever is true and whatever is false, I know I played out the hand.

Among the pockets of joy during this time of sadness (though it is slowly waning) are a few more cds I've acquired. I'm so late on this, but I bought Kanye West's "College Dropout" album. What a great sense of humour! It features a track called "Workout Plan," and there are such classic lines as: "All those mocha lattes, you gotta do Pilates...eat your salad, no dessert, get that man you deserve."

I'm conceptualizing a walking mix, and this number has got to go on it!

No comments: