Friday, March 18, 2005

My Life As a Situation Comedy

Most sit-coms have two or three major sets or locales at which the bulk of their action/plot advancement occurs. If my life were such a show, the One World Cafe would definitely be one of my sets, in addition to my office, my apartment, and Sarah's house. Occasionally you would see me trekking out to the bookstore in Sarah's neck of the woods (and this would be a hint that my character is about to find out information that will not make her happy--see post about the function of Shakespearian Clowns and Fools from late February if you don't know what I'm talking about).

There isn't much more to say about it than that, I guess, but I think I would title my show....wait, wait, I've got it. "The Baltimore Chronicles." I guess the blog is the sit-com.

I had a terrific time with my sister. She is dealing with her own version of a broken heart, so it was a timely visit for us both--lots of talking, laughing, lunching at the One World, burning cds, watching movies, playing with make up. Michael and I dropped her off at Penn Station this morning on our way to the office.
I started to miss her immediately, and I experienced that ache of sadness I feel whenever we first part...and I have rolled it in with the general ache of others I miss...

No comments: