Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Bright Spots

Well I took Greg's suggestion and tried to find that hard to find cd at the new and used cd store in Fells Point, which is close to where I work. I found it yesterday afternoon. The import version was going for 34 dollars. I bought it because I figured that by the time I find the US release it could be several more weeks, if not months. Amazon.com has this thing on back order, and Greg's bookstore would have had to back order it as well. Anyway, it seemed like fate that I buy it. They had only one copy at the store. If it was not for me, then for whom? For the entire last week the bell has been tolling for me, so I recognize it's chime. "Kate, buy that cd," it seemed to say.

My poetics class in which I was issued a death blow last week (see "I think Poetry is breaking up with me" post)was not so bad last night. I got a few laughs and had a few laughs. I turned in yet another poem--the third this semester, about the duplicitous nature of snow.

Currently, taking advantage of the fact that I have not had much of an appetite lately, I am revamping the way that I eat. It's drastic. One cup of coffee a day. That's just the tip of the ice berg.

No comments: