Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I feel so rundown this morning. Like I might have a touch of something. I hope not; I have a very busy week planned. Tomorrow morning I am going to meet my sister in dc and am bringing her back to Baltimore with me. Tomorrow night I have a "coffee" meeting with my instructor; Thursday I am going to the James Joyce Irish Pub for St. Patrick's Day with a college chum; Saturday I have a salon appointment; Sunday I'm getting together with Victoria...and at some point in the midst of all this, I need to go grocery shopping and do laundry.

Essentially, I have no time to be ill. I think I'll just rip into this grapefruit that's sitting on my desk, and hope that it gives my immune system a boost. I love the ritual of peeling fruit. Especially citrus fruits. I love the sensual qualities of the pith and the skin, the way the membranes shroud the essence of the thing... you have to work to get there, but it's so rewarding when you do.

No comments: