Monday, March 28, 2005

All that and I forgot lunch...

Michael dropped me off at the Whole Foods store around the corner from our office building first thing this morning so that I could pick up a few groceries, including something to eat for breakfast. Due to my mother's and Jim's holiday generosity, I have a few extra bucks. This is even more fortuitous than usual because I am plum out of groceries and don't get paid until Thursday. In any case, I got some fruit, some cereal, some yogurt, tofu, green tea, grapefruits, lentils, etc., but neglected to pick up a substantial meal option for lunch. So, in all likelihood, I'm going to have trek back there at noon.

Presently, I'm eating my first cupful of Organic Mango Crisp cereal. Not too bad....

My weekend was lovely. Crystal and I went to Cafe Hon as I mentioned, and then we did my favourite thing. We shopped "The Avenue," and since my middle sister was in a spending mood, she bought me a watch and some rather fetching, post-post modern sunglasses. Now, if only we could get some sun so that I could really use them!

Yesterday, on our way down to Southern Maryland, we picked up the dog so that Crystal could take her back to Upstate NY with her. We collected Caryl and then the three of us met up with my mom and the aforementioned Jim at Vera's White Sands in Calvert County. The Decor is tiki meets kitsch. It was reminiscent of the livingroom we had when I was growing up (which was african safari meets kitsch). The food wasn't stellar, but the ambiance was pleasant, looking out over the water was charming, and my mother was a vision in a pink wraparound number.

I had two cocktails, which is a low-fat eating-regime no-no. I wouldn't say I went whole hog by any means, but I enjoyed a few luxuries that may make this week's pound loss slightly less than usual. That coupled with the fact that I've not walked in about 4 days... Well, holiday is over. Back to the routine! I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: