Thursday, August 24, 2006

Last Workshop

Two members of the summer-long group were out. One planned, on business, the other because of strep, but we still had a successful last meeting. My poems were discussed, as were two other submissions. I e-mailed the prof to let him know I was willing to forego group time on my poems, just so no one got short shrift, but he felt it would be doable. We made it work.

Sadly, we didn't go out afterward, but it became clear to me when class started that it wasn't the right group for that. Three married adults and me and the instructor. People have spouses to get back to, and the mood, though very cheerful, wasn't right for convivial activity.

I got some very encouraging feedback on my pieces. Including the one where I really took the risk. Huge payoff.

Well the fall semester, my last in the program starts in a mere two weeks. It's going to be a good one. I had a discussion tonight that mitigated my concerns about the fact that I still haven't heard about the Independent Study. Things will work out in my favor either way.

No comments: