Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Any Given Wednesday

I had lunch at the James Joyce Irish Pub yesterday--with the coworker whom I lauded a few posts ago. What a stand up guy. We had to keep looking around the restaurant to make sure no one from work was in there... it was that kind of debriefing session...

Now I'm just eating a bowl of toated oats of some kind along with the requisite cup of black joe. Starting next week, I'll eat breakfast at my apartment before I leave because the new job starts an hour and a half later than my current one. Well, it was my choice to work these hours--and if I had the option at the new place, I would also work earlier hours. But...now my mornings will open up in a new way... and I'll only get off an hour later than usual. Not too bad. Oh, and I do have the option of working earlier on the days that I have classes. Pretty good.

Sidebar: I love it when employers show their support for employees' personal goals by allowing for this sort of flexibility. I would actually give my current company (at least the bosses I have had here) and A++++ for that. They have been tremendous about my schedule from the get go.

Tonight, I meet up with Victoria for "Barefoot in the Park" in the park!

No comments: