Thursday, August 03, 2006

I have one coworker that I will miss, especially. He is my buddy. He likes my anecdotes--or at the very least suffers them. One of the funniest people...naturally funny... that I've ever met. And if he wasn't already taken, I would not hesitate to set him up with any number of friends. He's top drawer. He is also the only person here who has even mentioned taking me out for a farewell lunch. I don't expect my coworkers, for the most part, to make any special efforts because most of them are new or new-ish. I'm a relic from the company's first three years of existence. Almost no one with whom I was especially close (as far as work goes) is still around. But this guy, who has only known me for a little over a year, is being true to what makes him so great. He's generous, kind, and giving. And if you're ever lucky enough to work with someone like that--or currently have such a gem in your workplace, then you know that people like him are what making leaving a crappy situation a little sad.

I wish I could take him with me.

No comments: