Friday, December 03, 2004

So it's going to be me and the *NSYNC Christmas Album Again This Year...

In a twist of Poetic Irony, I am not going to the ill-fated [for me] poetry reading this evening. I am still quite run down from the malaise that staked its claim on Monday night. When I woke up this morning, I felt awful,and though I seemed to get it together enough to come to work, it's clear to me that my body is still under siege. I don't know that a brisk 15 minute walk to and from the reading is what I need right now. I missed the reading on Wednesday night, too. C'est la vie.

Speaking of Wednesday nights, next semester my class with Professor Love meets that night, so I've invested in a vhs tape for Smallville, but I may abandon it altogether as a relic of a defunct friendship (I only started watching b/c of the artiste). This past week's episode left me feeling nothing much, so it may be a good time to break with the geeks in Kansas, superpowers and all...

Which leads me to the now defunct *NSYNC's 1998 Christmas album. It's still a favourite! It's jazzy (in some cases a cappella) traditional stuff along with some R&B flavoured ballads about wanting to get busy under the tree. I think I'll listen to them tonight while I put finishing touches on my own artificial Roosevelt Fir.

This weekend is all about homework. I'll be working on my portfolio for the poetry workshop class, and beginning my paper for 20th Century World Lit. This gives me an incredible sense of purpose.

No comments: