Thursday, December 23, 2004

Catherine and I finally got our opportunity to watch "Napoleon Dynamite" together--it was somewhat surrealist humour. Maybe that isn't the right term--it's definitely somewhat absurd, but not in an existential way, not totally. I guess what matters is that it was funny.

Speaking of existentialism, apparently my 20th Century World Lit Instructor did not turn in grades in time for the report card, because when I received mine in the mail yesterday, beneath the A- I got in PW was an "M." "Great," I thought. "I failed so badly I got an M..." but when I looked at the code on the back I saw that this curious mark is my university's way of saying the professor is negligent. Terrific.
I wonder how long I'll have to wait to find out how I actually did.

Anyway, back to my visit with Catherine. She gave me some truly wonderful presents. One being a stellar cook book filled with recipes that are right up my alley, and then two original print publications from the 1920s (a political commentary and a composition rule book) to go with my 20s era apartment. So creative and original. I'll have to be very careful thumbing through them. One chapter title is "The Munitions of Lingerie." Stellar.

Workmen have been banging away at the apartment next to mine and it sounds like someone is knocking down one of my walls. They are replacing the windows in the unit, and it's so riotous that I've not been able to concentrate on much in the way of work (I logged in hours from home today).

So now I'm just waiting for the UPS man... hoping he has a delivery for me. 2 days out from Christmas feels mighty lonely.

No comments: