Thursday, December 09, 2004

I managed to eke out 2.5 pages of the final essay last night. I am calling it "In Search of Kafka: The quest for intimacy with the Father of Modern Literature."
I will obviously continue to work on it through the weekend; it's due on Monday, so I am hopeful that this will all go off without a hitch.

At about 1:30 today I go into an afternoon of meetings, wherein I will be tied up until it's time for me to leave. I am so looking forward to Poetry Workshop tonight. We will have light fare--wine, chocolate truffles... I, personally, am bringing spinach avocado dip and a baguette.

On December 19th there is a reading in Hampden that almost all of my classmates and I are attending, afterwhich there will be an open mic portion. Our instructor told us that we all have to participate as part of our final grade--I don't know how serious she is, but it will be good for me to do something daring, maybe get myself on the map as a local writer of note.

No comments: