Friday, December 17, 2004

The Office Party

I love after hours work gatherings. Seeing someone with his or her significant other brings so many other elements of who he or she is to the forefront. Spouses, partners,intendeds--people become more fully realized in light of their relationships, instead of being these uni-dimensional "work" personas that you encounter Monday-Friday. I'm not saying my coworkers aren't real at at the office, but there's so much that has to be truncated, tamped down, forced into "work mode," etc.

I spent all of my time with Michael and Sarah (she came as my guest since Michael didn't decide to come till the last minute) and L and Her guy. We were a happy fivesome, though I did make little conversational forays outside our social bubble.

I won a door prize... The President of the company who has talked to me before bastardized my name with some strange pronunciation. I was offended, to be certain. I took the prize but gave it to L (tickets to a show at the Hippodrome that I saw at the Lyric in 1998 and didn't really enjoy). She won two of her own, so now she and her s.o. can take two more friends. I had been hoping for the MP3 player--I already told Sarah I would give her my prize if I won anything, because she got the major shaft from the secret santa at her job--but sarah saw that show with me in 1998 and hated it even more, hence the reason I did not bestow the tickets on her.

I'm looking forward to the "Secret Holiday Exchange Culmination Lunch" in Little Italy today. We are going to Amicci's.

No comments: