Friday, June 04, 2004

My boss announced her impending departure at our team meeting yesterday morning. Incidentally, that afternoon we all went out to lunch to celebrate meeting our print deadline. Things have been fine for me at work for the better part of a month and a half (after a significantly rough patch between me and my soon-to-be-leaving manager), but I am still relieved. She is returning to her hometown because her spouse's job is relocating them there.

You just never know how things are going to work themselves out.

Because I had yet to hear anything from the financial aid office at my school, or from the FAFSA people, I called to check on my application last night. It's a good thing I did. Not only did I need to update my home address, but I needed to indicate that I had filed my taxes, because my app still showed the "will file" option. This was holding up progress, and I didn't even know it.

Supposedly I was informed of this via e-mail, but I'm telling you that I wasn't.

Well, I have a few assignments on my desk, so I need to put my editing cap back on :)

No comments: