Sunday, June 13, 2004

A House is a House For Me

I've recently turned my attention to home ownership. I'm not in process, but I've started thinking about where I'd want to own when the time comes.

My bus route in the morning travels south on St. Paul Street, and on the way home in the evenings, north on Calvert Street. Between the 2700 and 3100 blocks of these streets are the best houses in Historic Charles Village. Built at the turn of the last century, or in the late 1800s, they are true treasures. Many of them have been converted into apartment homes, and rented to students and other transient types. However, some of them are still perfectly intact inside, structurally speaking. I have decided that I want to buy and live in one of these homes. Very Old World Baltimore.

Lists

I am almost completely out of food. I've been concentrating on making strategic meals for the last couple of days, using up the last vestiges of things from the last shop, so I'll have room for new stuff when I bring in new market wares on Tuesday (my next pay day). I wrote an extensive grocery list yesterday.

My clothing situation is just as bad, but it's not just the case that I need to do laundry (and believe me, I do), it's that I also need my wardrobe replenished and revamped. A lot of my pants are wearing out in the seat, and I need more variety. It's time for a reinvention anyway. I have not made a list pertaining to this because it would be inexhaustible. I wish I had a 1,000 dollars up front that I could just spend on new stuff. I need so many things, it would take at least that to get me started.

Peeved

My hairstylist has yet to tell me what time my appointment is on Wednesday. I swear, if she didn't know how to cut my hair just right, I would go to someone else.

Resolution...Kind of...

Heard back from Gordon. He told me that if I wanted to mail him the money, that's fine... and added that he guessed he would maybe see me on Thursday. Que?

No comments: