Sunday, April 18, 2004

Without a Hitch

I always appreciate what good friends I have on days like this--when they all come together from various places in the state and haul all my worldly goods from one place to the next. The move went off without a hitch, and everyone loves my new place.

I have had to make my peace with one unsettling truth. Without a true dining area, I've had to face the fact that the table and chairs I'd ordered simply will not fit comfortably in the new place. It wasn't delivered on Friday with my new couches because the set was out of stock. Fortuitously, it seems now. I called to cancel it altogether this afternoon. I'll have to improv a solution to my table quandry, but in the meantime, I've got a beautiful couch and accompanying love seat.

I bought curtains for the bedroom tonight. I'll have to get ones for the living room in a couple of weeks. I also bought a welcome mat. This is the apartment in which all my dreams are going to come to pass. I feel that in my bones.

No comments: