Thursday, April 15, 2004

Giving Credit where Credit is due:

After a series of thoughts on the new title of my blog, Sarah finally came up with the idea of using this quote from "Breakfast at Tiffany's"; Originally, I planned to use a template featuring a classic picture of Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly, but there were technical difficulties. Ultimately, I picked this template because of its classic, clean lines, appealing colours, and the lack of images...it provides more freedom. The creator of the template designed it to be more "professional," and I thought that it fit my emerging life as a grad student, etc.

Today is the Day:

At about 11:30 I leave work for the next few days to establish my new life in my cute little vintage pad. I'll arrive at the leasing office today at noon, sign some final papers, and then I'll check my mail and go and bond with the empty space for a bit. I want to take some time to pray in there, before any of my things arrive, to set the tone, Christen the rooms, so to speak.

Last Night:

Gordon came over, ostensibly, to get the program I wanted him to have from my poetry reading a few weeks ago. We watched the chronicles of a young Superman together, drank coffee from 7-11 (my coffee machine is already packed), and did what we do best. Chat about everything and nothing in particular. My favourite element of our night was how happy he was to see me... and later when he said to me that I always have the best stories...things I've never told him before. I can't wait to start hanging out with him in my new apartment. And since this place is walking distance from my new digs, we can hang out here, too.

No comments: