Friday, April 02, 2004

Pearls before swine?

In a good will gesture (I guess) from a week and a half ago my boss asked me if I would bring in a poem to read (my tiny department knew about the reading last Friday at St. Mary's) at this Friday morning's roundtable. I felt, at the time, that this was suspicious given that I'd just been written up (but after I'd come in with a rebuttal letter), but I didn't feel like it was a bad thing, necessarily, just.... well, duplicitous.

In any event, I am prepared to share if she remembers to ask me. If it has been forgotten, I'm not going to bring it up.
I don't know if reading my poetry here would cheapen it, would cheapen me. Dance, little monkey! Dance! I am sorry to say that I feel that way at the office these days...

Even with the cleared air, and my unspoken agenda to steer clear of my manager, being around her makes me feel like I'm supposed to feel grateful for something, and I hate that.

No comments: