Sunday, April 04, 2004

All my bags are packed; I'm ready to go...

According to my own "Packing Stratagem" I'm ahead of schedule. On what was probably my last trip to the neighborhood market this morning, I got paper plates so I can pack up my dishes in the next couple of days. I'm cooking my last "big" meal tonight (I'm thinking it will last me the better part of the week)--slow cooked ribs with a brown sugar rub.

At 7-11 I bought plastic knives, forks, and spoons, Hefty trash bags, and two newspapers. At the moment, I'm doing laundry and watching one of my favourite movies--"Breakfast at Tiffany's"--which I always forget is based on a book by Truman Capote. I've never read it.

I've been sending Gordon batches of my poems via e-mail attachments over the last few days. He wants to try to use some of them as song lyrics (He's in a band and plays classical guitar). When not doing this, I've been throwing things out, planning to give away other things. New wine in new wine skins. I don't want my new life to explode because I brought vestiges of my old life with me.

No comments: